Tuesday, February 21, 2017

First Fallen Officer Funeral SGT Barney January 2016

What a Sobering day. I was able to attend my first 'Fallen Officer' funeral with my Husband of Officer Doug Barney who was taken from his sweet family friends and Unified PD 8 days ago in the line of duty. My husband had special permission to take me in his Police vehicle.We we're able to have 2 different people from the ward help watch the kids.We spent the entire day together at the funeral which was sad sweet and very memorable. His sweet son helping carry him in and at the end not wanting to let go. Holding on to the casket. I lost it. John and I both thought of Daxton it hit home quickly. It was said Jack his son wants to be a police officer when he grows up. Now that is heroic. Loved seeing officers all over Utah as well as California Nevada Wyoming New York and Idaho to name a few. After a 2 hour incredible procession with the rest of the officers it was amazing to be apart of. Watching Utah come together waving the American flag thanking each vehicle as we all drove past. Lastly the burial at the gravesite. Hearing the last call is something I'll never be able to get through without tearing up. Doug was a cancer survivor and was an 18 year officer who loved protecting and serving. I was proud today of my Officer we talked in length about police codes different scenarios and today after being an officer's wife for 6 year's I understand a little better my husband mindset and what he goes through day in and day out. It was such a different perspective, It was an honor to be by your side today babe. #lawenforcement #tillwemeetagain


No comments:

Post a Comment